Monday, November 18, 2013

I Am Just a Flower

Father I am
forlorn
comparing myself
to other roses
I only see my
thorns
and the trampling of
careless feet
dulling my petals
and making me weak
I myself not taking time
to eat
water from the healthy soil of
your goodness

The lover drunk in thought
garnishes the patch

I watch in wonder if I am worth
half
as lovely as the crisp hughes

I wish I'd have time to repair and prove
that my beaten petals were made by the same hands too.

I have made mistakes
on my intakes
I was long abused and misused
today I am still confused

I have given some care to caterpillars and
the vicious hare
they tore my petals and I feel
each tear

I try to stay strong,
not comparing myself to
those
pretty for so long
not
dulled by the sun
tainted by corrupted ones

In me
maybe the eye of the gentle will see
something trampled and restored
can reflect great beauty

For see, I am no more wilted, neither fallen or dead…
In me a maker has woven His thread-
I am His instead.
He kept me alive, He pruned me free.
Here I am,
impeccably me

Psalm 115

1 Not to us, Lord, not to us
    but to your name be the glory,
    because of your love and faithfulness.

2 comments:

  1. I may say this a lot...but this is possibly my favorite one.

    WOW! Too many quotable parts! And I have felt that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Jenna should do a painting to this....

    ReplyDelete

Followers